The Municipality of Meaford will be hosting its first Community Safety Fair at the Meaford and St. Vincent Community Centre on Saturday, September 16, 2023, between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. This event will be family friendly, drop-in and free to attend for all ages.
“As an action in the Meaford Well-being Plan, we are hosting this event in order to strengthen the relationship between members of the public and local enforcement, and enhance public awareness in the realm of safety and well-being!” said the municipality.
This event will highlight safety for bike riding, outdoor and wilderness, driving safety, community resources and much more with no registration required to participate.
This event runs from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and will feature the following activities:
- Ride Smart Bicycle Education Program for children of all ages on the arena floor. This program will be hosted by the OPP and is designed to develop practical life-long skills through safe cycling. Using the Ontario physical health and education curriculum, the program is engaging and interactive, equipping youth with new skills and cycling abilities.
Children are welcome to bring their own bicycles if preferred, or a bicycle and helmet will be provided. Staff from Hills Meaford will also be on-site for bicycle safety checks.
- Exhibitors from local organizations at booths in the large hall. Mix and mingle with various representatives from local organizations who foster well-being and safety in the community, and learn all about the resources available to you.
- ‘Touch-a-truck’ in the upper arena parking lot. Meet some local first responders! Get up close and explore a fire truck, ambulance, and OPP cruiser!
The following educational sessions will be offered in the small hall of the arena. Please note that capacity is limited, and we ask that you arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to the session start time.
- AdventureSmart Hug-a-Tree Program, wilderness safety for children. Two sessions to choose from: 10:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m., or 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- DriveWise Driving Safety Seminar for Older Adults, DriveWise will offer an information session specifically designed to assist seniors who are required to renew their licence, and prepare for required testing. The session will be held from 11:45 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided, and door prizes will be available to win!
Visit www.meaford.ca/SafetyFair for more information, including a full list of our community partners.