Community Foundation Grey Bruce has released its Vital Focus on Housing Report online at www.communityfoundationgreybruce.com
The report includes findings related to housing in Grey and Bruce Counties that address affordability and accessibility, equity, living standards, and well-being. The Vital Focus on Housing Report aims to prompt conversation and broaden awareness around issues that our community is facing related to housing. The report integrates local data from various sources and translates it into a readable and accessible format that tells the story about how Grey and Bruce Counties are measuring up.
The report highlights stories of innovation and resilience through features on community projects that directly address impacts of the housing crisis.
Key takeaways from the Vital Focus on Housing Report:
- Both Grey County and Bruce County are desired locations for migrants from the GTA. Housing prices are climbing higher and higher.
- The housing crisis is not just a problem for the economically challenged. Working people who traditionally could be thought of as ‘middle-class’ are experiencing lack of housing options.
- Supports for the homeless or the housing-challenged are inadequate.
- Not everyone has the same equal access to affordable housing.
- Partnerships are key to finding solutions. Governments, developers, social services, and charities need to work together towards solutions.
“This report is landing at a time when housing is top-of-mind for so many people facing challenges in our community. We hope that the data and human perspectives shared in this Vital Focus prompt conversations across the region,” said Stuart Reid, Executive Director of the Foundation.