The Municipality of Meaford has progressed in its development of a Transportation Master Plan (TMP) to the second and final round of public consultation, with recommendations for the transportation system, including:
- Improving traffic operations and safety on urban and rural roads;
- Identifying a collector road network and upgrading key urban and rural corridors;
- Expanding the sidewalk network and providing new protected pedestrian crossings;
- Expanding the cycling route network; and
- Implementing supporting strategies and policies for traffic calming, paving rural roads, parking, sidewalks, speed limits, stop signs and road safety.
Virtual Public Information Centre
A Virtual Public Information Centre (PIC) will be held to present the TMP’s draft recommendations, policies and strategies. The session will consist of a presentation by the study’s project managers followed by a moderated Q&A period. Questions can be submitted prior to the event at the study’s webpage or through the chat feature during the live event.
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Time: Presentation at 6:30 p.m.
A link will be posted approximately one hour prior at www.meaford.ca/TMP.
Display boards will be posted online by January 15, 2021.
How to Submit Feedback Following the PIC
- Online: A public opinion survey will be posted at www.meaford.ca/TMP.
- By Phone: Call 519-538-1060 ext. 1302 to provide feedback.
- Email: Submit comments or questions to the project managers at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Feedback will be accepted through February 7, 2021.
This study is being conducted in accordance with the requirements of Phases 1 and 2 of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment which is an approved process under the Environmental Assessment Act. This notice first published January 7, 2021.