Summerfolk 46 is charging ahead with an exciting special edition of the festival on August 21 and 22.
“To keep all of our patrons safe and abide by current crowd limits, the festival will be divided into a series of small backyard shows in and around Owen Sound. These intimate afternoon concerts will feature two main acts, as well as one shorter ‘tweener’ set from an upcoming youth performer,” said organizers.
Do you happen to have a big and beautiful backyard? And have an affinity for folk music? You might be an ideal candidate. Organizers are looking for one more backyard. It can’t just be any backyard; it has to be special. Take a look at the list below to see if you have a yard that fits the bill:
- Within a 20 minute drive of downtown Owen Sound
- At least 1,800 sq feet of space (including any decks/patios)
- Outdoor power. If power is inside, it must be easily accessible.
- A Deck or Patio to act as a stage
- An area to set up a tent to cover gear, or a place where gear is covered
- An area in front of the house large enough to set up a 10 x 10 pop up tent
- Wheelchair accessible seating area
- An area appropriate to put two Porta Johns and a hand washing station
- A secure place to store the gear overnight
- Neighbourhood parking that can support the increased traffic
- A yard free from excess environmental noise (i.e. next to the highway)
- Some shade; not necessary, but a definite plus
- A commitment to notify their neighbours of the event. Summerfolk will supply the promotional material to distribute.
And finally, tell us what makes your backyard special!
If you are interested and have a backyard that ticks all the boxes, please fill out the form on the Summerfolk website and provide some photos and the approximate location of your yard:
Stay tuned to Summerfolk’s website, social media channels, and local media for further performer and venue announcements, and information on ticket sales in the coming weeks.