Hydro One is advising residents in the Municipality of Meaford of a scheduled power outage on Sunday, May 1 from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Approximately 4,791 Hydro One customers in Meaford and the surrounding area will be effected by the outage.
Affected Hydro One customers have been notified via auto-dialer and can visit Hydro One’s outage map or call 1-888-664-9376 for more information.
The power outage is required to safely complete electrical upgrades and connection to the new Nelson Street Booster Pumping Station, located at the Meaford Hospital. The new Booster Pumping Station started in the spring of 2021 and is nearing completion. This project is part of the Municipality of Meaford’s Water Servicing Plan in order to increase water distribution to better service the urban area of Meaford.
Below are some tips to help you and your family during an outage:
- Make sure your appliances, such as the stove, are in the off position.
- Make sure your cellphone and extended battery packs are fully charged.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. Use a cooler with ice for items you’ll need during the planned outage.
- Municipal water service will not be affected but if your private water services (well) will be affected, consider filling jugs of water to use for drinking and cooking.
- If you plan to use a generator, remember to use it in a dry area outdoors away from any open windows, doors and vents. Visit the Electrical Safety Authority at esasafe.com for more tips.
- If your water services will be affected and you have a bathtub, consider filling it with water before the planned outage begins. You can use the water and a bucket to fill your toilet tank to be able to flush.