Starting this week, the Province of Ontario returned to a modified version of Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen in an effort to combat recent increases in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.
In compliance with provincial requirements, as of today, all Municipal facilities are closed to the public until at least January 26, 2022.
- Municipal Administration office is closed until January 31, 2022. Municipal staff are available to assist residents by phone and email during this closure. Phones will be answered between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday at 519-538-1060. General email inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For after-hours support call 1-888-525-7024.
- You can mail documents and cheques to: 21 Trowbridge Street West, Meaford ON N4L 1A1 or use the drop box located beside the front door at the Administration office.
- Property tax and utility payments can be made via online banking, at your financial institution, by mailing a cheque or placing a cheque in the drop box at the Administration office. Payments are processed weekly. Paying Taxes and Paying Utility on how to pay your bills.
- 2022 dog tags with the early bird fee (until March 31st) are available to be purchased online by filling out the Dog Tag Application Form and payment or drop off a completed application and payment in the drop box.
- Garbage tags can be purchased at a number of stores and vendors throughout the municipality. Please visit our COVID-19 Open and Closed page for a list of vendors.
- Parking tickets and enforcement fines can be paid by mailing a cheque or placing a cheque in the drop box at the Administration office.
- Burn permits are available, please complete an Open Air Burn Permit Application Form and submit it to email@example.com, mail it or place it in the drop box at the Administration office.
- The Meaford Moves+ accessible transit service is operating with new safety protocols in place. Call 519-538-5577 or click here to book your next trip.
- Planning applications are continuing to be accepted and processed. Planning enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 519-538-1060 extension 1127.
- Building applications continue to be accepted and processed during this time and enquiries can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 519-538-1060 ext. 1127. A drop box for building applications has been setup at the back of the Administration office.
- Meaford Hall, Meaford Museum, and community halls are closed to the public.
- The Meaford and St. Vincent Community Centre and Arena is the only Municipal facility that will be open on occasion to host vaccination clinics. All other activities are cancelled.
- Council meetings will be held virtually starting January 17th, 2022 and members of the public can attend meetings virtually. Meetings are live-streamed via the Municipality of Meaford’s YouTube channel at www.meaford.ca/youtube. For more information please contact the Legislative Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-538-1060 ext. 1100. You can find minutes, agendas, and videos of all Council meetings on the Meaford Council Portal. You can also watch Council Meetings live online through the Council Livestream.
- Council Advisory Committee Meetings that were scheduled for January have been cancelled.
- All essential services, such as emergency services, By-law, water and wastewater services, road maintenance, garbage, recycling, electronic recycling and Styrofoam recycling will continue.
- To learn more about Municipal facility and service disruptions, please visit our COVID-19 Open and Closed page.
“This is an ever-changing situation and decisions are ongoing. We thank you for your patience during this time. Any changes in operations will be communicated by news release and posted to the Municipal website COVID-19 Open and Closed page and on our social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram,” said the municipality.