The contestants, aka Slayers, for the upcoming Dragons Meaford event, are local entrepreneurs who have boldly applied to be a part of the show. Some are start-ups, some are now looking for an expansion of their existing business. All are eager to receive some help from the Dragons to get them on their way.
They had to submit business plans, a bio, and photos, and are now preparing for their big moment on the stage at Meaford Hall on November 9.
The Dragons are successful business people who share the Chamber’s passion for small business. They are generous but realistic, supportive but blunt. They will have some tough questions.
But there can only be one winner…
The Five Slayers are:
- House’N Order – Tracy Marsh
- LePooch Boutique – Stefanie Peel
- Lisa’s Pet Grooming – Lisa Almond
- Sheardown’s Restaurant – Christina Sheardown
- Solo-Fit Gym – Diana Simmons-Smith
The Five Dragons are:
- Darryl Hindle (Quench Buggy) representing Georgian College
- Cathi Parrish, Royal Lepage Realty, Locations North
- Tim Fischer, Mentor Technologies
- Shannon Fry, Thornbury Pharmasave
- Chris Herbert, Mi6 Marketing Agency
The Slayers are working on their pitches to the Dragons. The Dragons are reviewing the Slayers’ Business Plans. Comedienne Adrienne Fish is returning, which will add to the entertainment value of the big night.
“The Meaford Chamber of Commerce is pleased to present the 15th edition of our local show, modelled after the popular CBC Dragons Den. We have awarded 68 contestants with approximately $300,000 in cash and prizes,” said Chamber President Bob Peel. “This year’s show is on Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. at Meaford Hall. We have secured generous sponsorship from local businesses to provide the first 100 people who show up with $10 gift cards to offset part of the ticket price. We would love to see a full hall.”