In order to help prevent a rise in COVID-19 infections, Public Health Grey Bruce says that it is important that we all continue to do our part to mitigate the potential spread of the virus. This includes screening, staying home if sick, being tested if you have COVID symptoms, and of course, getting vaccinated as soon as possible and eligible.
In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, everyone must follow the provincial rules:
- You must screen each day before work and school
- You must stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms.
- Everyone in your household (unless they are fully vaccinated) must also stay home until you get a negative COVID-19 test result, or you are cleared by public health, or you are diagnosed with another illness.
- When there is someone in the household that has COVID-19 symptoms, parents must not send unvaccinated children that are symptom-free to childcare, school or youth activities
- Get a COVID-19 test at an Assessment Centre (not a rapid antigen test) if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or are a contact of a known COVID-19 case.
- Upon returning to school or childcare, you must complete the relevant attestation form, declaring that you have met the requirements to return safely.
The health unit says that everyone who is eligible should be fully vaccinated as soon as possible. For an up to date vaccine clinic schedule and for more information about the COVID-19 vaccines in Grey and Bruce, please visit:
“Individuals that are unvaccinated are of the most susceptible to be infected with and transmit COVID-19 to others,” states Dr. Ian Arra, Grey Bruce Medical Officer of Health, “This becomes more significant for parents or guardians who can transmit the virus to their non-eligible and unvaccinated younger household and family members attending childcare and schools”.
For additional Information visit: