On February 6, at 1:11 a.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a traffic complaint involving a motorist who was stopped in a live lane of traffic on Highway 26, near Concession 8, in the Municipality of Meaford.
The vehicle had just driven over several signs at a shopping mall in the City of Owen Sound and was located stopped on the highway. Officers approached the vehicle and spoke with the driver. The driver displayed obvious signs of impairment, was arrested for impaired driving, and was transported to the Chatsworth OPP detachment. A Drug Recognition Expert completed an evaluation with the driver.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Tanner Goudy, 23, from Owen Sound, with the following offences:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, section 320.14(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance – Methylenedioxyamphetamine (Ecstasy), section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance, section 4(1) CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule III substance, section 4(1) CDSA
- Fail to remain, section 200(1)(a) Highway Traffic Act
- Failure to comply with Undertaking, section 145(4)(a) CCC
The accused’s driver’s licence is suspended for 90 days and the vehicle he was operating was towed and impounded for seven days.
The accused must attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on March 18.