OPP Media Release
On October 30, 2020 at 9:18 a.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a suspicious person occurrence on Sykes Street North in Meaford.
Police patrolled the area and located a person walking downtown matching the subject’s description. The involved person was currently wanted in two other Ontario jurisdictions, so they were arrested.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Sean Plater, 21 years-of-age from Collingwood, ON with the following offences:
· Failure to comply with Undertaking, section 145(4)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
· Breach of Recognizance, section 811 CCC
· Carrying a concealed weapon, section 90 CCC
· Possession of a Schedule 1 substance – Methamphetamine, section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA)
· Possession of a Schedule 1 substance – other drugs, section 4(1) CDSA
The accused was released on an Undertaking and is required to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on December 3, 2020.
Anyone with information that can assist Grey Bruce OPP with this investigation, call 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.