Rresidents and businesses of the Municipality of Meaford can now take their cleaned plastic film materials to the Meaford Transfer Station, located at 146024 Grey Road 12, to be recycled. Acceptable materials can be dropped off Fridays from 12-5pm and Saturdays from 9-3pm.
This program is an expansion on the pilot program initiated in 2013 by Transitions Meaford and moves the Municipality one step closer to its waste diversion targets.
A list of acceptable materials for the Plastic Film Recycling Program is identified below:
- Shopping bags (remove any draw strings!)
- Newspaper/flyer sleeves
- Shrink wrap/packaging film
- Zip-loc style bags (cut zipper portion off)
- Plastic drop sheets (nothing paint-contaminated!)
- Dry cleaning clothes protector bags
- Bubble wrap
- Soap and detergent bulk refill bags (cut off plastic spouts!)
- Salt, fertilizer and topsoil/triple mix bags (must be clean!)
- Green garbage bags
- Film covering food products (peel off or cut off any paper labels!)
- Film covering paper towels, toilet paper, ice cube bags, etc.
- Vapour-barrier (heavy) film
- Cling wrap (clean)
For more information on this program, please contact the Municipality of Meaford Operations Department at 519-538-1060 ext. 1315